- Achieving international recognition for thing sites, including serial nomination on UNESCO World Heritage List.
The THING Project aimed to explore options for a future nomination process of a serial inscription of North Atlantic thing sites on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
The report provides:
- background to why we considered UNESCO nomination
- an introduction to UNESCO World Heritage Status
- what is required to be accepted on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- an overview of the process required to achieve serial nomination
- a reflection on the research, discussions and UNESCO workshop
- consideration of what we should do
- a summary of potential options for achieving international recognition for thing sites.
Back to "Beyond the THING Project"