This document gives a broad outline of the major aspects involved in interpretation, and provides guidance to all partners in the THING Project. It aims to help you with your interpretive projects, and to bring a unity of voice to the various projects. Throughout, the document encourages you to:
- Be truthful and authentic.
- Respect the essential characteristics of your site.
- Be creative with your interpretive projects.
- Find ways to engage with your audience through stories and activities.
- Encourage visitors to think for themselves – the more involved they are, the more they will engage and learn.
- Do more than just present facts and figures. Just because a site has some information panels it does not mean it is being interpreted!
Back to "Sharing Knowledge"