The THING Project Tourism and Marketing Strategy developed a range of techniques to:
- Improve knowledge of thing sites by joint marketing and information initiatives.
- Increase knowledge and pride amongst local, regional and national communities
- Develop tourism communications for each thing site.
- Learn from partners' experiences.
- Identify collaboration partners to use for future activities.
- Work with relevant carriers and operators to develop themed tours in connection with thing sites.
- Developed a common brand, leaflet, website and innovative Web 2.0 Services to disseminate information and market sites and to raise awareness of shared history and identity.
- Produced a range of good quality interpretive material and activities (aimed at a range of target groups, including the local population, school groups, colleges and universities and tourists.
- Organised sustainable local and international events that motivate and involve the local population.
- Exchanged knowledge and experience between partners and tourism experts.
- Worked with regional tourist organisations to market thing sites.
- Developed an innovative sustainable themed GeoTour and made contact with relevant operators to explore linking thing sites into future historic themed tours.
Back to "Spreading the Message"